Friday, March 12, 2010

Nothing's Changed

Nothing's changed.These were the words that I ushered in my heart when I got down at station.On my way home I cud see the cosmetic changes all around the places but the mentality of the people still remained same. I think I am far too speculative in expecting that things will change in a matter of 6 months. What change did I expected to see or whether really I wanted to see any change at all, I dunno. But I was damned happy that life is still slow back in my hometown. Slow not in the sense of development but slow in the terms of people's attitude towards the fast furious world outside.

There was an religious function at home and I was quite amused by the way people got involved in that. From kids to old, from family to neighbors and all people in the neighborhood, all were equally enthusiastic about the function. It has nothing to do with the religion other than that it is related to a ceremony in our family temple, what I am trying to portray is the culture and traditions associated with the function.

Kids n youngsters were the persons who were more into it with elderly person closely watching their deeds. They were all around the place encouraging things in a good manner. Glad that this generation back in our village is not glued to their Cell Phones and TV, its not that they didn't have them , it's that they know how to value things. Its a very close knit network where everyone knew everyone else. And most important was that people knew the difference between blind rituals and cultural tradition.

No matter how descriptive I try to be, the real thing can only be felt only if we were present there.But then I still have to try at least. This time things seems to give a broader perspective when I analyzed how small things can matter to you in your life. And by small things I meant the moments which we would have easily overseen when compared to materialistic benefits we get from it. If we go for a reason or cause then we can easily subdue their importance but once you forget comparing or reasoning you will amazed with the amount of happiness and satisfaction this moments has in store for you.

This time I didn't want things that I scribble in here to be anywhere near to be a travelogue coz I have wrote them enough. This time I just wanted it to be a simple reminder of what it actually means to be in the wilderness and simplicity of life.

No comments: