Monday, March 29, 2010

Earth Hour Failure or Success

Wow the funda was good and I thank each n every person who participated in that.
At least it helped in saving some amount of electricity. At 8.30 pm on Saturday I could see lights turning of and more or it was quite successful in our neighborhood and the fact that it's not that hot helped a lot. People were quite happy to come out and get some air in the parks.

I took off on my bike just to see how it is to see the city in Darkness. To my surprise there was no Darkness at all. Thanks to big companies and shops, they were just happy to get along their daily business. This I thought would be ignorance of the fact that it's an earth hour. What surprised me the most or rather shocked me was the "Hoardings". Then I thought with money you can get away with anything. What I can't understand is that what specific use this hoardings has to society which can gobble up so much electricity.

A minimum of 6-7 neon bulbs for 12 hrs a day do eats away into the common man's power supply. But then, the so called common man dont have that much money I suppose. Why the government is so careless, why they cant categorize the use of electricity. Why they allow these useless advertisements to run away with power. May be the government itself is dependents on this MNC's for their cash crunched treasury. Still they do pass over the burden to the working class by hiking taxes, increasing price of basic commodities. More than anything why do people has to bear all these. Why can't they protest?(no body has time). Have they forgot that they do have rights or they dont want to remember that at all. No use I suppose, u read this, think for sometime and then leave it. All that we have to do is to adjust our budget, why bother getting into some complications by protesting. Carry on the world is as good as it seems but remember it will change and these bloody politicians will make sure that it changes. Enough of bothering, now get back to your work...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Effort !! was it just a spill out o heart...or u really wana change things....
I read somewhere "It's worth writting den
reding some thing ;and its worth doing things rather than writting"!!!
Anyways the effort was gud ,atleast u Thought about it!!!!

Zreecu.... said...

Sometimes writing is the beginning.. I hope this would be beginning... And as for my part of doing I have had a plan with some of frnds to break those neon bulbs......I hope govt. doesnt provide security to each hoardings anyways they are running short of police personnels...