Monday, February 25, 2008

The Real People......

22nd Feb,Friday

It was an usual day at office.I came by ten, did some assignments then had my lunch then continued with what I was doing before lunch.It was a routine day as usual but things changed when I went for my tea break.We ordered our tea ,colleague was with me and we were quite busy sipping our tea.

A group of people were sitting on the other side of the table and laughing.From their outfits I guessed they might be working inside reactor.When I heard what they were talking I was quite amused by my guessing. It was an perfect guess.It wasn't a difficult one their suits told the tales.The Nuclear Reactor is just a km away from where I work. I was so proud to tell this to my friends, but after what I heard from that group I was a bit taken aback,felt pity on what I felt to be a good thing to boast about.

They were talking very casually, the things which we never think can occur in our life or we never want them to happen.They were talking about the radiations, nuclear radiations.No matter what they wear to protect themselves there's always a chance of exposure.One person was telling he lost his hairs, other was complaining about his bad taste buds.When the person said I have lost my taste buds other guy asked what are u sipping Coffee or tea?? and they all burst into laughter.I was speechless,I was surprised how easy they took that things.

After that group discussion over the tea I was thinking about them rather too frequently.What makes them distinct?What makes them so humorous? and what makes them going on like this as if nothing could stop them?

May be because they took life on the lighter side, they do have lot of other options with international boom for nuclear energy and it resources and companies requiring manpower ,with these sort of expertise in the field these people are second to none, but they are not willing to go.I dont think the paycheck is heavier here compared to the risk they take.I think no pay will match their dedication.Every time they go inside in this suits they very well know they are betting their life because no matter how controlled is the process, the reactor may go critical anytime, leave aside the amount of radiation they absorb each and every time.

And we back here in our cubicles does things which never even get to .01% of what they do.Still we aren't happy we still urge for more and more.And see them they are happy with what they got and they are smiling. Even though we all have came across a similar sort of situations in our life, how many of us have actually learned a lesson from such people. We tend to forget those things when we get busy with our already engaged life.They are laughing at their worries, they are enjoying their moments. They are "The real people".


सोचो तोह बहुत कुछ है सोचने के लीए,
नही सोचो तोह कुछ भी नहीं हैं
हँसो और हस्ते हुए देखो इस जहाँ को ,
यूं तोह हजारों ग़म है अगर हँसे तोह कुछ भी नहीं है


4 comments:

Jishad said...

Theme of the article is nice.
But the way of telling dont keep up with your old posts. Some thing is lacking.

ZreecU............. said...

I didnt wanted to make it look catchy or interesting this time.. I just wanted to tell the fact as I felt tht day.. I cud have made it more interesting but Itz a bit different theme so sticked on to the basics...

umesh3034 said...

seems long time i read a blog from u thats not as confused as the Author :-)
straaight and simple


Umesh3034

renjestaa said...

Thank you man.