Friday, March 02, 2007

My recent visit to Godz Own Country-Part 4

De long hours of train journey, and now this travel was taking a huge toll on me. After my visit to Sabarimala, I was waiting to lay hands on fish curry prepared by my aunt. Oh I cant explain how delicious it was.Thts wht we call homely fud. By evening i just went for a walk with cousin brother along de paddy fields and de channel which fetches water for de fields. Long bak we used to take bath in this channel.It was so much of fun then, I asked my cousin "Shall we have a bath in this cold water"."Oh com'on we have grown up" was his reply and it didnt took me long to understand he is not interested. Why do we grow old?" Ok whtz ur plan for de night, dining out", he asked. "No baba I will have fud from home only, will have a beer if u insist".He said ok.


Soon we were cruising on de highway.Itz was so easy to ride a bike here, no traffic nothing to disturb you on de road. Everything seemed to be so perfect, just then my cell rang.It was mama, " wht r u doing?I know what r u upto?Itz not gonna happen today.We have to visit an aunt so comebak as early as possible" n she hang up de fone. She knows itz always better to hang up fone before i protest n she did de same thing today. I came bak soon, with a silent protest in my eyes I luked at her. She said "better luck next time". So days were jus passing by visiting relatives n riding bike. On sunday i told her I needed a break, i am going to see my frnds @ trivandrum and will stay there overnight. She told me to come bak early in de morning, I said yes and started for Trivandrum. Sandeep came to pick me up and we all had a nice time together. In de evening I went to see one of my best frnd, it was so nice to meet her after a gap of 7 years. She was going to US next week so ther's no better time than de time we met. On monday morning i was bak @ my home. Atlast 9 days of travel came to an end, but tht was for just one day. Next day I had to start again.


I have just 5 more days left, and de countdown started. De saddest part of every vacation started. Last 5 days more or less revolved around Temple City of Harippad, visiting temples, Mama was also preparing to go back to Delhi, she will come back next month with dad for a month's stay. Brother was also enjoying his time watching films, visiting frnds and i was stuck in front of TV watching my favorate channels.Oh I forget to tell I won de cricket series next two days. What an acheivement, felt like lifting de World Cup. And days passed on and de day came which i hated de most, itz not de day of my travel bak, but de day before. Oh itz so hard to tell people i am going tomoro.Mama asked me to come to Delhi next time, I told mama it wud be better we can come here next time. It was de longest night of my stay here. So all's gonna be over by today, tomoro i will start for Mumbai..............

Part 5:
http://sreekumar147.blogspot.com/2007/03/my-recent-visit-to-godz-own-country_4954.html

No comments: