Thursday, March 01, 2007

My recent visit to Godz Own Country-Part 3

Itz twilight and almost 6 pm,de diffused light is coloring the canvas with crimson red color... havent i seen this before?? did something like this ever happened in Mumbai..afterall de same sun was there too n de vast blue umbrella sky is also de same.. but i havent seen it there, may be i didnt get enough time or i didnt get myself to enjoy this small beautiful things which we oversee always.Whatever may be de reason I dont wanna figure it out now..i just wanna enjoy seeing things happen here. So after a long time i get to know wht actually we all meant by "Gud Evening"...

I wandered around ,checking out things whether they have changed and whatever new things came up during my absence.... nothing much except some plants tht have grown up... "when will these plants bear fruits" I asked not knowing from whom i was expecting an answer.. it will take 2 to 3 years replied grandma.. i turned around saw her standing behind me... staring at me from top to bottom.. "u have grown weak my boy, dont u eat anything there, ah u dont get our kind of fud there"..she asked and she gave de answer too..."yes grandma i miss our type of fud there, itz very hard to get a South Indian kinna dish over there"
. She beacame weak too.. last year she had an accident... she broke her leg...and now she walks with the help of a stick.. poor grandma clearly shows de burden of oldage...

"Shall we play cricket" asked my brother with a bat n tennis ball in his hand.. "let him take rest u can play tomoro,itz already dark outside" mama's voice came from kitchen.. "Plz bhayya just a single 3 overs match".. i said ok...and we both marched to our "Lords" just in front of home..not a big place but we made it luk big with smaller boundaries...from a single match we ended up playing a series of 5 matches which he won comfortably 3/2.. i was no match for him afterall i missed lot of practice games...practice games where de hell will i practice bak in Mumbai.. i told him de next day's series will be mine and he said "we will see"....

I felt a bit tired..needed to have a nap..slowly i crawled up de steps and went to hall.. oh my gudness lotz of people inside .. mama , grandma, aunts, granddaughters..all in front of TV..their favourate Serial was about to begin..."mama will i get dinner tonight" I asked..mama replied " I have already prepared it"...i went inside my room, had a small nap..then had my dinner and bid an early gudnight to everyone seated in front of TV.Lying on bed staring into darkness...i was soon into thoughts... thinking about all my previous stay @ home... thinking about frnds who came here with me n de housewarming ceremony.. felt as if that was yesterday....

Dunno when i slept after dinner, mama woke me up with a cup of tea in her hand...de best part of staying @ home..having bed tea right in your bed...I asked mama any plans for today..she said "we r going to Kollam today evening..U will go to Sabarimala from there tomoro with cousins.. everybody is waiting there for u"..that reminded me i came here for visiting places..
By 10am i was ready to go to town...going to one of my frnd's home."mama i will walk till de bus stop".."OK".. i started along de path i walked long bak..many new houses have came up..no other changes..i reached bus stops in 15 minutes..ya bus services have improved, got my bus within 2 minutes..

My cell rang..call from office.."ya i reached here safely, will get bak to u in de evening" saying tht i put my fone in a silent mode..enough of this buzy life...i am @ home n i am free to do anything..ya ya i convinced myself.Went straight to frnd's home,met her parents.. was so gud to see them.Had my lunch from there Amma's special vegetarian fud...@ 4 Pm i started from there as we have to catch de 4.45 bus to Kollam, mama n brother r waiting for me @ bus station.We are going to my mama's parental home,from there we will go to Sabarimala.Reached there @ 8 PM. Everybody was waiting over there. So gud to see everybody gathered over a single place, "relations still hold values here" I thought.

Part 4:
http://sreekumar147.blogspot.com/2007/03/my-recent-visit-to-godz-own-country_02.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going on well dear.

Shameer said...

Good one..
Keep writing...

My prayers with you..

shameer
blog: www.openhat.org/blog

Sandeep.S said...

Pavam nammudey Sreeku