Monday, July 14, 2008

My Life @ College..

Felt about writing this a long time ago but dunno whether work kept me busy or something else.
Renju talked to me and he was almost into thrashing me for not starting it. He knows once I start scribbling I will not stop until I finish it.So here I am from the beginning where everything started.

Actually the real problem was where do I start. I think that was the biggest hurdle in front of me, which never let me begin.Beginning was the hurdle to begin.ha ha ha....Lemme give it a try....I will start from Day one and will go back to flashback whenever it is needed.. OK guys here it is....

Day One: Jan 6th 2000...

May be the biggest day of my life.Dad was with me. It was early morning and we were at Kozhikode(Calicut) railway station.We came from TVM by Kannur Express. Dad was posted at TVM. Actually for the first time I heard about Mananthavady when my admission letter came and I was totally clue less about where it came on the map of Kerala. Anyways I am going there only, will see it then. We reached Calicut bus Station(KSRTC), and boarded the only Super Express Bus for Mananthavady. So that's how my first Journey started towards my college.
We reached mananthavady 3 hrs later. The Driver was kind enough to stop the bus near college stop, this stop is really gonna be popular with time.

We walked towards the college. A big building was in my sight and I thought who said this is a new college. No way. We headed for the steps and as we reached top I was quite amused to see the big building, but dad shrugged and said there's your college. I saw a small Board in which it was written GECW. Oh this is it, now it lives up to the reputation of a newly started Govt. college. We went to college office and finished all the formalities and I was given a admission number of 147, may be one of the last persons to join the college.

Now as the formalities finished(admission), next task was to search for an accommodation. We went to The Royal CSE class, and there's Arun and Rengith standing at the corridors. My dad asked about the room and they said their room is already filled and it will be difficult to study if number of persons increase. That gave me the outlook of this college.. Truly professional ,students really serious about studies.. Can't stop myself laughing while writing this coz this is the first comedy I encountered in the college.(Rengith n Arun) will definitely laugh.I doubt whether Renju was there with them... anyhow will comeback to this incident later coz it's gonna be used a lot here....

By the evening we got an accommodation. It was in Thonichaal..@ Paul sir rental house and I got some cool new roommates... Jyothish,Sanoop,Sreejith,Umesh,Jishad, Baburaj and now I am added to their group(I dunno whether they liked me on the first meeting itself but definitely the first meeting was the start of a lifelong bond). After the formal round of introduction we were soon on the same boat... Dad left by evening, and this is gonna be first time I am seperated from my family altogether but I was already a part of another family. I thought about mama. She never left me out of her sight even for one day, I dunno how is she gonna react to this. She cried bitterly when I left. So I was in a bit of dilemma, whether to celebrate the new Freedom or should worry about mama. But slowly I got adjusted as I was in new family and they were just superb.Our home was a perfect Second home for me.

Sandeep and Binu Kumar lived nearby and soon Sandeep joined me in my room. And the family was completed....Next day i.e my first day @ college as a student:
Water was chilling cold, it was so hard to take a bath, still I manage it somehow and we were on our way to College...I dunno whether I got any attention when I first entered the class, but that was soon to follow...Met Ajith, Renju, Sivaji, Rengith, Arun and it was just fun as we had same sort of frequency tuning....Dont remember much of the classes that were taken on that day except one from Mr. Nisar. I remember he used to be HOD(Head of the Department) but it didnt took long enough for us to believe he was the real HOD. Hey guys hope you can fill up that full form, I dont want to protray anyone on this blog. I am just gonna write how it went in college......

So I will just start with some major incidents or what it can be called a Milestone of some sort...
(Guys it's not easy to write everything at a single stretch.. I will pin up regularly and each event mentioned below will lead you to a link describing that.. so keep this link in your bookmarks and visit frequently)... Comments are most welcome coz it'z natural I am gonna miss something so help me fill up the gaps and put up your thoughts too.....I am looking forward to it :)


First year:

The College......

The College BUS

Room n Roomates

Kaho Na Pyaar Hai- The premiere

GK

Meenangaadi

The Students Union


The Students Union-2

De Circle Goes On n On


So the College life is on the roll.. to catch up with the rest of the sections please visit the link :

http://zreecuscollege.blogspot.com/2008/07/college.html


Happy reading buddies....

16 comments:

Jishad said...

Pahayaa adipoli. Cant wait for next.
Petennu aduthathu idedaa.

renjestaa said...

aliya.....
really fantastic..
want more...

umesh3034 said...

da.. Jishad.. i cant remember properly, bur there was some incident regarding u asking about the "Mens Room" to 2 Ladies?? .. This was during the initial joining period.. right?? :-)

Jishad said...

Daa umeshe,
Actually it wasn't me. My Mom went inside our class room and asked to the girls sitting over there. I dint get a chance to stop my Mom.
Ente maanam annu thanne kappalu kayari.
And The sad part is that, there wasn't any mens room for students that time.
It was the first day of my joining. Almost 70% of admissions were over by that time, I guess.

rajitha said...

good one.......

rajitha said...

sreeku, so u joined there in jan 2000 after two months right? Our class statrted on Nov 22nd 1999.And admission date was 15th nov....being the 8th student joined there.

Zreecu.... said...

Ya I joined in Jan 2006 but I dont think I missed anything special even though I was late.. I think thts the real quality of our college...

umesh3034 said...

da.. Jishade...... onnu oorthu nokku......College veranda.... mens room... 2 ladies....something stricked??? :-)

Jishad said...

Daa Umeshe,

There was one more incident, regarding mens room. May be you are confused with that.

One day at lunch break, me and Baburaj were roaming in and around the college. Simply we walked inside the near by Govt Arts College (ithonnu kandittu thanne ullu ennu theerumaanichu). At the same instant, some Arts college guys got angry and ran to us. They asked us, why are we roaming over there. Without thinking twice, I answered that we are searching for a mensroom. They had a good laugh about that and adviced us that we are not supposed to be there. Ennittu avide ninnu irakki vittu :(
It was on second day of my joining, I guess.

This remained as a secret until that day evening. On evening, we all were retuning to thonichal after class. You were also with us. That time Art college guys were sitting near the Gate, taking the sensus of engineering students (mainly girl students, I suppose). Then this cruel Arts college guy came and called me "Hey bathroom boy". Nammalu mind cheythilla, petennu avide ninnu scoot aayi, thats all. Next day we got popular, since we were the first to make a visit to Govt. Arts College.
Pinneedu nammalu avide kayari nirangi, athu vere kaaryam.

umesh3034 said...

da.. Jishade.. u are always linked somehow to a MENS ROOM... WHYY>????????????????:-)

Jishad said...

Daa Umeshe,
Poda thadiyaa.

umesh3034 said...

da.. Zreecu.. :-) i have some old photos. I have to scan them first. Will let u know...

Zreecu.... said...

good dude.. scan them during the weekends and send them to me... it will be here ASAP....

CROCHET DESIGNS & PATTERNS said...

hi zreeku.............

monkey's zone team:

1.Nowfal
2.Sunil Vijayan (nethavu)
3.sameer
4.vivek
5.subin
6.manoj (Pathanamthitta kalloppara)
7.yoonas(ponnoose)



photoes njaan ayakkam..oppam kure kochu kochu kadhakalum.......

zforzandoes:::
1.Aneej ... the_One,The Aneej,The Anu and The Underscore(i am aneej underscore anand , you can call me underscore)
2. Nowfaldaan(Mr samkumar he added "daan" with my name.)
3. Sameer Gulabi (thiruvanandapuram tandethil ninnum kittiya chellapperu: "Anali Sameer"="Gulabi")
4.Vivek enna Vikku (Kooduthalonnum parayanilla:pani varumbol "dry"il kurumulaku podi cherthu kazhikkunna kakshi )

5.Vinayan (ente peru vinayan .. nammada perengineya)
6. Varun (Kongadan ennu vikku vilikkum)
7.samkumar (Vallya pulliya... ippo kochiyil software engineer (VC++))
8.yoonas (paavam payyan... ippo dubaile marubhoomiyil ottakathe thattikko .......)
9.ANNAN ENNA SHIBU ANNAN.. (ippo annante swantham collegil principal)

10. Last but not least...one and only one Mr. Umesh Keerthy from Quilon

coming soon..
1.photosum pinne kure kadhakalum...
2.december 26th 2001 (Aa rathri???)
3.Kallane pidicha Maths exam
4.Shibu annante Olichottam (Bhagam 1)
5.Shibu annante Olichottam (Bhagam 2)

Udan Pratheekshikkuka

Zreecu.... said...

Hey Nowfal , welcome to my blog....sorry our blog... post it whenever u get time...please mail me ur mail id to sreeku.sp@gmail.com...ok dude...

Jishad said...

Nowfal aano "Kerala Real Estate"