Monday, August 24, 2009

De beauty of being an Monument...

If someone asks me where's my favorite hangout place in New Delhi, only one place comes to my mind.....A place that can be described in thousands of ways but I wud prefer to stick to the basic description of that and that is :it is the national monument of India. It is one of the largest war memorials in India. Hope you got it...Its our own India Gate(IG).

I cant say exactly what makes me so fond of this place, anytime of the day or night, I wud be more than happy to go there.. Specially late nights.. When it glitters like Gold.. A special feeling creeps up inside and I suddenly feel proud to be an Indian.It doesn't means that I am not proud of being an Indian, but there are definitely many reasons which make me say that I am not that proud to be an Indian. For instance, Poverty, Corruption..(ya I remember the dialog from movie Rang De Basanti:No Nation is perfect, the citizens has to make it perfect..Ha ha ha.. even if our leaders get a perfect state they will make it imperfect in a matter of moments , hence we can surely leave aside "making it a perfect" responsibility), the list will never end. But I am really proud to be a part of the world most culturally diversified society.

Aren't we diverting from our topic. India Gate have always made me wonder, made me feel more like an Indian, made me leave aside all the negative things that looms around the country, reminds me of the love and sacrifice of countless soldiers who laid down their life in a fight to protect our freedom, who laid down their life in the process of making the country a perfect one.

I was kinna glad that this Independence Day, my mailbox wasn't filled with a single mail regarding Independence. It did made me think that may be people have understood the fact that it not just about sending some forwarded mails or may be they didn't get time at all to forward anything.Whatever may be the reason I didn't need a reminder for celebrating our Independence. I celebrated it a special way.. a special way to myself..I went to IG and stood there for dunno how much time.. just staring at the monument and the people around it admiring its value and its timeless beauty.

"There are things that you feel that can't be described" , and I think of this phrase each and every time I visit IG.

2 comments:

umesh3034 said...

yentheredey... Nosthalgia.... :-)

Jishad said...

hmm, want to see it one day.